Presentation is important. Using serving pieces that show wear and tear can be a poor reflection of your establishment. Here are some tips for extending the life and look of your dishes and reducing replacement costs.
- Use a rubber or plastic scraper to scrape away stuck-on food before washing.
- Use divided bus trays to separate china, glassware and metalware.
- Pre-rinse with 110-120 degree water.
- Consider having your dishwasher serviced to make sure that the rinse cycle is working properly and that the correct concentration of rinse agent is coming out.
- Never stack clean or soiled dishes more than 12 dishes high.
Always be sure to read product labels for specifications on your dinnerware. Commercial china dinnerware is typically made from porcelain ceramic and is designed to be more durable than residential china. Kentucky Restaurant Supply offers many different styles and patterns to choose from including options from World Tableware, Oneida, Buffalo, Cantina, Cardinal, Vertex, and Syracuse.