Sure, your kitchen is busy. But when it comes to caring for flatware and other items used and re-used on a daily basis, it’s the little things that count. Here are a few simple steps you can take to keep your flatware shining and in service.
- Bus flatware directly into racks or divided bus trays.
- Be sure to rinse and wash right away to prevent food or salt from drying. Never use abrasive pads to scrub.
- It’s best to presoak utensils before placing in the dishwasher. Never allow them to soak for more than 15 minutes and remember to change your presoak solution frequently.
- Flatware should always be washed with the business end up so that they get sanitized and washed well.
- Don’t group flatware by type when placing in the dishwasher. They might “spoon” together and not get washed well.
- Remove flatware from the dishwasher promptly and use a soft cloth to dry to reduce spotting.
Share this post
- Tags: commercial bakeware, flatware, food service, professional cookware, restaurant equipmnet, restaurant supply